AI for Longevity and Healthcare: Everything You Need to Know
Time & Location
About the Event
Taught by Dr. Ronjon Nag, a seasoned entrepreneur and an Interdisciplinary Stanford Distinguished Careers Institute Fellow, who has founded and advised companies sold to Motorola, BlackBerry and Apple. He is an active mentor and advisor to biotech companies using artificial intelligence and has taught courses in AI in longevity. This course will additionally feature guest lecturers who are leaders in the AI and healthcare/longevity space.
Confirmed guest lecturers:
- Dr. David Brown, Co-founder of Healx, Co-Inventor of Viagra, formerly Astra-Zeneca, Pfizer, GSK, Roche: Longevity and Drug Discovery using Machine Learning.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a term that is widely used and abused everywhere and has given rise to powerful techniques like deep learning. AI is intersecting with healthcare, and technologies like DNA sequencing are finally at an inflection point of entering the mainstream to provide approaches for personalized medicine, drug discovery and healthcare efficiencies. Gene editing has recently appeared as a new technology and scientists are looking how to enhance health span as well as lifespan. However, what do these terms mean, are they really ready - what is hype and what is real. What exactly is DNA, how are medicines created and how do AI-healthcare technologies work and what are the ethical risks. This is a one day course which will demystify artificial intelligence and longevity biotechnologies for executives, investors, biologists, product managers, and software engineers.
The course is accessible to all levels of experience and will also give an opportunity to network with executives, investors and entrepreneurs. This curated one day event will be held at a beautiful venue of historical significance in central London. Capacity will be limited.
Additionally, there will be a 'Jefferson' dinner in the evening with the lecturers and a small group of guests to discuss AI and Healthcare opportunities. Capacity is 20 guests and limited to the course participants.
Course Outline: 8am - 6pm
8am - 9am: Registration and Networking
9am - 10:30am: Basics, taught by Dr. Ronjon Nag
- What is AI?
- What is DNA?
- How does gene editing work and will it become mainstream ?
- Healthspan vs. Longevity
- AI in the Healthcare System
10:30am - 11am: Coffee Break
11am - 12:30pm: Longevity, taught by a Guest Lecturer
- Hallmarks of Longevity
- Economics of Longevity
- Damage theory of aging
- Is there a root cause of aging?
12:30pm - 1:30pm: Lunch Break
1:30pm - 3pm: Longevity Thoughts and AI for Drug Discovery, taught by Dr. David Brown
- AI for healthcare
- Evaluating healthcare results from companies and articles
- Drug discovery using AI
- Natural Language processing techniques to help healthcare
3pm - 3:30pm: Coffee Break
3:30pm - 5pm: Cutting Edge Theories of Aging, taught by a Guest Lecturer
- Does calorie restriction work ?
- Enhancing human immunity with the thymus
- Other theories to enhance longevity: RNA splicing regulation, GDF-11
- Societal issues of longevity
- Can AI and Biotechnology make us less "human"
5pm - 6pm: Networking
This Course is Suitable For:
- General Public
- Engineers who are not biologists and non-engineer Biologists
- People who Interact with AI engineers and Biotech Scientists– Marketing, HR, Finance
- Venture Capitalists
- People who Work for an AI or Biotech Company but are not in an AI or Bio Implementation Function
- Policy Makers, Strategists, Entrepreneurs who want to build AI and Healthcare Products and Want to Understand Potential and Limitations
- AI Engineers and BioEngineers who Want to Learn how to Explain AI and Biology in Simple Terms to their Colleagues and be Exposed to Wider AI and Biology Concepts and Tools
For general questions, please contact Anastasiya Giarletta: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Super Early Bird£320£3200£0
- Super Early Bird/Priv. Dinner£430£4300£0
- Early Bird£400£4000£0
- General Admission£500£5000£0